Thursday, August 12, 2010

Just for one moment...

I love to cook! I really do. I feel that it gets my mind off everything else happening around me. It is my source of happiness and my reason to rejoice. I practically try to be involved in every single thing taking place in the kitchen. For most or if not all the weekends, I would cook lunch and maybe even dinner. It's basically the only thing I am good at.

It's just that one moment of peace and harmony, my precious eternity. Oh how I wish that I could cook for my whole life and not study at all! I would sometimes imagine the countless number of hours sitting down at the table revising my school work, and then ponder about the things I could have cooked using the same amount of time. I would wish that we were given a day of 25 hours, with that one extra hour for us to be still and indulge ourselves in the things we enjoy doing. Oh how I wish we had "Home Econs" in our school. Some people say that it gives us the most important life skill of all-learning how to cook to survive.

Many a times I would wish for that one moment in life when time just stops. When time waits for everyone to finish whatever that they enjoy doing before facing the challenges of tomorrow.

Our Lord God had given each and everyone of us unique talents, yet why can't we spend time to maximise them? To let them reach their full potential. Maybe our school should have a "Hobby Day" which is a day dedicated for us to carry out with our hobbies. If the future looks towards everyone specialising in something, then why are we all still cooped up with doing the things for the sake of getting the grade? Just think, if you only had one last hour to live on this Earth, what would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment